Dating Sites: Hacking Will Happn – Sourcing Online Proximity Dating Apps by @NGS - PIToolbox

Dating Sites: Hacking Will Happn – Sourcing Online Proximity Dating Apps by @NGS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

DISCLAIMER: This article and any links provided are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional or legal advice. Receipt of these materials does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is it a solicitation or advertisement to provide legal services. The views expressed in this article may be outdated or repealed by current law. Do not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction.

Life is surprising. One minute, I was a jet setting legal consultant with a vast network of friends all over the world and zero concerns about meeting new people; eighteen months later, I’m a full-time single mom – and just a couple weeks ago, I surprised myself again when I took the plunge and downloaded my first online dating app. I’m not really even interested in dating right now, but Mark Zuckerberg’s team was kind enough to notice I’ve been single for over a year and suggested I might like to try it. It wasn’t Tinder, so I resolved to at least take a look.

This won’t be my typical legal post. If you know me at all, you know sourcing – especially all the tricks “hacks” and tools that go along with it – is my passion. So when I started playing on a new virtual platform that left me curious about information than I could find on the app (for more personal and obvious reasons than ever before), I started applying the skills I learned while training to be a ninja recruiter. I know it makes me a little creepy. Sharing the discovery is worth it!

Read more: https://www.sourcecon.com/hacking-will-happn-sourcing-online-proximity-dating-apps-by-ngsesq/

admin
    Keymaster

Finding a users location on Grindr, Hornet, Jack’d etc the simple way

So your partner is out again hanging out with his mysterious friend Abigail. You don’t think so though, because Abigail wouldn’t leave those marks on his neck or that unmistakable scent on his clothes every time he comes home. Thankfully your partner has checked into Grindr (or one of the many, many other apps) for a quick update, so you know he is just two miles off. You can’t tell what direction though. That’s where a handy technique called Trilateration comes in. If you paid attention in school you’ll know that trilateration is a cool geometry equation that allows you to to find the position of a fixed point when you only know its distance from you. Bet your math teacher never had this in mind though!

Three circles drawn on a map, showing a targets location
    It works by noting how far away your target is from you, then at another location noting it again, and then repeating it a third time at a third location. See the image to the right for a visual example. This process, if done using very accurate information, can potentially reveal a person’s exact location. There are basically two ways to do this on location dating apps. You can either send fake location information to the apps servers several times using some kind of location spoofing software, or you can do it the “manual” way. Yep, that’s actually driving around and checking your app in three totally separate places (or asking your friends to look).

This kind of tracking relies on a couple of fairly obvious things. First, your target must have their distance set to show, otherwise you can’t see how far away they are! Secondly, it relies on them not moving. If they are driving around or even walking while you are trying to pin point them, you’re going to end up with some very funny and hugely inaccurate results.

Read more: http://vervainglobal.com/articles/triangulation.html

admin
    Keymaster

Investigating Sexual Crimes in the Tinder age: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m05Btz-hsQk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Contact Online Investigations

Please contact the team at Online Investigations directly for further assistance.